Who Can Join the Mediator Practicum?
Graduates of a 40-hour Mediation Training are eligible for applying for our Mediator Practicum to become a certified mediator. This is a great opportunity for individuals wishing to continue building their skills and enhance their professional lives. Most mediators will confirm that mediation training provides personal growth in communication and conflict resolution skills.
Interns observe actual cases and work with experienced mediators in a co-mediation setting to practice their skills. This is a unique experience and a valuable opportunity to build expertise in the field.
What are the steps?
- 40-Hour Professional Mediation Training (trainings other than a DRC mediation training must be approved by the training manager)
- Successful completion of a take-home exam
- Minimum observation of 6 mediations
- Solo mock mediation
- Minimum participation in 6 co-mediations with a mentor mediator
- Co-Mediation mock mediation
- On-going in-service attendance during practicu
- Final review of a co-mediation by the training manager and staff
- DRC certification as a practicing mediator
Call us at 360.698.0968 or email the volunteer coordinator for more information about becoming a mediator!